For the socca:2 9-inch pie pans1 1/2 cups chickpea flour1 clove garlic, peeled and pressed through a garlic press or minced finely1 1/4 teaspoons salt3 cups water6 tablespoons olive oilFor the roasted vegetables:1 small zucchini, diced1 small yellow summer squash, diced1/2 medium red, diced1 jalapeno chile, minced1 tablespoon olive oil1/4 teaspoon sea salt1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together the chickpea flour, salt, garlic, and water in a medium bowl until smooth. Whisk in 2 tablespoons olive oil. Let sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Place the pie pans in the oven for 5 minutes until hot. Add the remaining oil into each pie pan (2 tablespoons to each pie pan) and and use a pastry brush to evenly coat.
- Whisk the batter again and carefully pour evenly into the hot pie pans. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the socca is brown on top. It will begin pulling away from the sides of the pan. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes and then serve.
Make the roasted vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the vegetables with the olive oil, salt, and pepper until well coated. Place mixture in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes until the vegetables are beginning to brown.
Serve a pie-shaped wedge of socca and top with the roasted vegetables. If desired, scatter some parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice over the vegetables at serving time.