When things get crazy we tend to need to clean. I do it when I'm about to take on a new project or just when I'm feeling overwhelmed. Starting fresh without clutter is a good way to go. It's our little way of being able to have control over a small part of lives when so many other things seem out of our control. So with our utterly insane fall schedule that's been going on, this meant that Mike and I went to town on the garage. Mike started it off and did most of the work so I can't claim credit for that or for the awesome job he did of moving things around, making things fit, and finding some stuff that we need to clear out. I went and made a huge drop-off at a local charity yesterday so we have an almost clean slate to work with. Life is good. The two things left that I've been hanging on to for sentimental reasons that must go because there is no room in our garage anymore for nostalgia is our kick-butt Burley d'Lite double bike stroller and our Baby Jogger Jogging Stroller.
This is for local pickup only (Washington DC area).
Baby Jogger Jogging Stroller with 20" wheels
This is Baby Jogger with large 20" wheels in GREAT condition. It has a two storage areas (a large pocket on the back of the seat and also a basket on the bottom) and a retractable canopy and five-point harness. The easily retractable canopy protects from the elements and has a smaller velcro window on the top so you can view your precious cargo without losing a stride. The quick-release wheels means that all three wheels just pop off with a push of a tab or a pull of a pin. All wheels have sealed bearings and thorn-resistant tubes. The frame is a very light anodized aluminum, and holds 75 pounds. All Baby Jogger II's come with a bike-style caliper hand brake and a hand-tether safety feature so that the stroller stays safely within reach even if you accidentally take your hands off the stroller. This is an excellent stroller for walkers, runners and hikers (and it also proved invaluable on family trips out to the farm to pick strawberries in the spring and apples in the fall when our kids started to get tired as regular strollers couldn't handle the uneven terrain).
This stroller has always been stored out of the sun so there is no fading or wear from weather.
Burley d'Lite Double Bike Trailer
This is a Burley d'Lite bike trailer in GREAT condition. This bike trailer is a double
trailer that can hold 2 children, 1 child, or cargo up to 100 lbs. So
this can be used for family bike outings, bike touring, or making a
trip to the grocery store/library/farmers market. Our kids loved going
on bike rides in this but they have outgrown it. We paid around $400
for this a few years ago.
Burley d'Lite features:
* Protective harness system with soft, padded straps protects children
* Comfortable seat with breathable flow-through mesh
* Removable seat pad for convenient washing
* Large, deep interior that allows children to ride and sleep comfortably even while wearing their helmets
* Small interior pockets side pockets hold their treasures or water bottles
* 2-in-1 cover, with sealed seams and waterproof zippers, shields little ones from bugs, wind and rain (also includes easily adjustable sun shield)
* Windows allow for great visibility inside and out and a nice outdoor experience; rear vents allow maximum airflows
* Frame constructed with light, strong aluminum alloy tubing and contoured side roll-bars; skid pad on frame bottom protects fabric from abrasion
* Water-repellent, tightly constructed fabric keeps children away from wheels and spokes
* Trailer floor drains for easy cleaning
* 20 inch quick-release alloy wheels
* Rear cargo area for extra gear, books and other activities for the kids, or groceries
* Includes reflectors on front, rear and wheels, a safety flag and reflective trim on the fabric for visibility
* Folds quickly and compactly for easy storage
This bike trailer has the ability to convert to a jogger/jogging stroller but you would have to buy these accessories separately.