Yesterday I completed my Week in the Life project (Thanks Ali for the inspiration on doing this project. as always)!! I just uploaded this for printing at Scrapbookpictures.com along with some other layouts that have been hanging around since last year waiting to be printed.
I did this entirely digitally in Photoshop using a very simple no-fuss design. Previously I made it into a mini-album but I want to keep projects like this along with my other layouts in my family albums (under the section entitled Lisa, which is way smaller than each of the kids' sections). But to mix things up for me slightly and make in interesting I did 8.5x11 since I always do 12x12. I REALLY like this size. Probably because it felt different. Heck, the mere act of scrapbooking felt different since it's been 3-4 months since I've done it. This year's design has lots of white space (and almost zero digital supplies - only one ribbon across the left page, just nice clean lines for me this time). I started with the my 2008 Week in the Life project pages - actually opened up the old .psd file - and just tinkered with it here and there, enlarged it... and created a template for myself that I could use for this year's project. I didn't include all of the little extra cards that I did last time - with the menu, other notes of the day, etc. - I instead included a large journaling block and fit everything in there). Using a template based on something I did previously was a great idea because I knew I didn't want to reinvent the wheel with this and wanted this project to come together very quickly. It takes enough time writing down everything I do in a day (all while actually DOING them) and taking photos, sorting photos after the fact, that I didn't want it to take hours and hours to finish it.
And now I just await the mail bringing my package of freshly printed Week in the Life goodness to go into my albums! YAY!
I do miss using patterned paper - since it ended up that I used NONE on this one - but I'll get over it and use lots in my next page!! LOL!
- Pull together all the lose ends before my foot surgery (TOMORROW! - eek!)
- stake (the way too many) tomatoes that I planted
- plant a few containers with the remaining plants (and water, water, water)
- last grocery trip before I'm off my feet for 2 weeks
- steam the 4 artichokes in my fridge
- make aioli for artichokes + cook up a batch of brown rice (some for freezer) <-- did this last night with some of my nervous energy (plus it opens up some time today that I will likely need for something that I forgot or something new that needs to get added to my list)